Down the Rabbit Hole - Play Therapy Victoria
Who We Are - A little more about your therapist
Haley is a Registered Play Therapist (APPTA) and Certified Practicing Counsellor (PACFA) located in the north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, on the Mernda train line. Haley is passionate about children’s rights and ensuring that a child’s voice is heard. She has worked previously to advocate children’s rights in judicial settings. She has also worked closely with adults and children fleeing domestic violence situations.
Haley’s academic qualifications are:
Master of Counselling – Monash University
- Master of Play Therapy – Charles Darwin University
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) (Graduand)
- Advanced Diploma Clinical Skills Child Centred Play Therapy – Play Therapy Australia https://interplaytherapy.com.au/
- Graduate Certificate Child Protection – Harvard University
- Graduate Certificate Health and Community Services – University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) – Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma - Psychology and Anthropology – Harvard University (on campus USA)
- Cross-Institutional Studies – ‘The Holocaust and Genocide’ and ‘Victimology’ + Victimology - University of Melbourne
- Positive Behaviour Support – Disability Studies – RMIT University
- Certificate IV Disability Studies – Box Hill TAFE
- Synergetic Play Therapy - Introduction Course - Synergetic Play Therapy Institute™ https://synergeticplaytherapy.com/
- In 2022 Haley will be commencing her Master of Clinical Psychology degree
Haley is currently preparing a PhD proposal wishing to research how courts allow children to give evidence in judicial settings and ways that this may be improved, which may require law reform.
Haley is passionate about overcoming children’s voices being drowned out in the way court systems currently operate.
Haley is registered with APPTA and PACFA and has an International Professional Membership with the Association for Play Therapy USA. Haley is under the professional clinical supervision of Donna Berry of Play Therapy Australia.
Helen recently completed a mental health qualification to add to her already extensive expertise and practice. Helen is a highly experienced nurse-midwife with additional training in therapeutic peer-support and counselling in those areas. Helen has worked in the areas of high-risk antenatal and postnatal midwifery and delivery, extensive experience in oncology and HIV nursing, and clinical teaching in tertiary hospitals.
Helen's academic qualifications are:
- Graduate Diploma of Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Nursing)
- Graduate Diploma Advanced Nursing (Oncology)
- Graduate Diploma Midwifery
Helen brings a wealth of kindness, patience, and experience to her role where she is supporting adults in therapeutic sessions.
Helen is registered with AHPRA and has recently applied for her APA registration.
Haydn has recently joined the practice and is helping us out with appointment bookings, accounts, telephone calls and support in running group Child Centred Play Therapy sessions.
Haydn has a qualification in child care and is looking to qualify as a primary school teacher in the future.
Haydn is a natural with children and his warm nature is a welcome addition to the practice.
“No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland